Do you know ? .. This Slow Cooker Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole recipe didn’t take long to prepare & for my family this recipe is a favorite dish for my family dinner, this recipe is very easy for you to make in your kitchen.
How To Make Slow Cooker Chicken And Rice Casserole:
To begin, you may integrate chopped onion, uncooked lengthy grain brown rice, seasonings, and broth in your slow-cooker. Stir to mix the entirety properly after which add the hen breasts.
I suggest high heat when you cook this crock pot chicken and rice. The rice will turn mushy if cooked at low temperature.
The time it takes to cook chicken and rice at high temperature is between 2.5 hours to 3.5 hours. All slow cookers are different so I recommend that you start your pot as early as possible so that it takes 3 and a half hours for the first time you cook. You can switch to the keep warm setting if you finish earlier.
When there is just a small quantity of liquid left, you want to show off your slow-cooker. When you stir the whole lot collectively the last little bit of liquid might be absorbed.
How To Cook The Broccoli For This Crock Pot Chicken, Broccoli And Rice Casserole:
I’ve made this crock pot casserole endless instances, and I actually have experimented with many specific approaches to cook the broccoli. I’ve found that steaming the broccoli on the stove works nice.
To steam broccoli, vicinity approximately 1 cup of water in a medium pot. Add the chopped broccoli and cover. Bring the water to a boil and cook for 2-5 mins, till the broccoli is crisp-soft. Be careful not to overcook the broccoli. You want it crisp, not mushy.
Alternatively, you may steam the broccoli within the microwave or roast it. If you need to cook dinner the broccoli for your slow-cooker, add it to the casserole during the last hour of cook time.
To finish preparing your chicken, broccoli and rice casserole, you’ll chop the chicken into bite-size pieces. Stir a few simple Greek yogurt, Parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese into the rice. Add the broccoli and chicken and serve!
No more home made cream sauces to stir on the stove. No extra three pots to look at after which wash after cooking the chicken, broccoli, and rice. Let the slow cooker do its thing to make your dinner whilst you do something else it is you’d alternatively be doing.
Does this slow-cooker version taste precisely the same as the traditional baked casserole? Nope. As is the case with sluggish cooker recipes, the slow cooking method gives this casserole a creamier, less company texture.
My own family loves this Slow Cooker Chicken, Broccoli and Rice, mainly because it is SO EASY to make! It’s one in every of our favorite smooth chicken recipes.
When I suppose comfort food, I don’t continually think healthy. This slow cooker chicken and rice recipe, however, is complete of nutritious substances.Print
- 1 cup long grain brown rice rinsed and drained (do NOT substitute white rice or any other type of rice)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound broccoli cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt optional, for extra creaminess
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place onion, brown rice, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, dried thyme, salt and pepper in bottom of slow cooker.
- Pour in broth and stir till properly mixed.
- Add chook to the slow-cooker. Sprinkle hen with additional black pepper.
- Cover and cook on excessive for 2 half to 3 half hours, until chicken is cooked through and rice has absorbed nearly all the broth. In my gradual cooker this took 3 hours on high.
- When the sluggish cooking time is sort of finished, cook the broccoli. You can steam it on the range or in the microwave, or roast it for your oven. (It is likewise viable to cook the broccoli inside the slow-cooker by adding it on pinnacle of the rice and chicken over the past hour of prepare dinner time. If you slow cook the broccoli it will lose its vibrant green color. I get best results when I steam the broccoli on the stove.)
- When hen and rice are executed, eliminate chicken to a slicing board.
- Add the apparent Greek yogurt (if the use of), Parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese to the rice in the slow cooker. Stir to mix.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and add to the slow cooker along with the cooked broccoli. Stir and serve.
- Do no longer replacement white rice or every other type of rice. Use long grain brown rice.
- I do not recommend cooking this recipe on low. Cooking on low leads to mushier rice.
- Some readers have commented that the rice on this dish is mushy. Slow cooked rice will always be a lot softer than rice cooked on the stove pinnacle or in a rice cooker. My own family loves this casserole and we make it all the time. We love the flavor and how easy this recipe is. If you are worried about mushy rice, this may not be the recipe for you.
- Some slow cooker recipes are without problems tailored, this one is not. I propose making the recipe exactly as written, with the information that each one slow cookers cook otherwise. Your casserole may additionally take slightly longer or shorter to prepare dinner, depending on your slow cooker. You’ll know it’s done when the rice has absorbed almost all of the liquid.
- I do no longer advocate doubling this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 377kcal
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 630mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 32g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
Keywords: Slow Cooker Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole - Adapted From Kristine's Kitchen Blog